Age: Applicant must be of legal age, 18 years or older.
- We utilize the services of the National Tenant Network, a consumer reporting agency, to access information about your credit, rental and criminal history, etc.
- Qualification is based on a rental scoring system that is based on a review of your credit report, any landlord-tenant court record history, and criminal background information.
- Income is considered in context to the rent amount for the unit for which you are applying. Note, income in the form of PDF earnings statements covering the 4-6 most recent weeks downloaded directly from a payroll website, and/or PDF bank statements covering the 2 most recent months downloaded directly from a bank website, is required to verify income. Any documentation found to be self-produced, altered, or otherwise determined to be unverifiable is grounds for disqualification. Generally, income must be at least 2.5 times rent to conditionally qualify, and at least 3 times rent to qualify. These limits are subject to change without notice.
- The rental score is used to assess your credit and rental history. The rental scoring is based on a scale between 0 and 100. Generally, a score of 60 or higher is required to conditionally qualify, and a score of 80 or higher is required to qualify. Some credit items, like medical debts and negative education loans, are not factored into the scoring assessment. Any history of a landlord-tenant judgment or unsatisfied rental debt will cause disqualification. Rental score limits are subject to change without notice.
- For criminal records, we rely on an objective schedule to determine qualification, one that takes into context the nature and severity of the offense(s) committed. The schedule is available upon request. Any applicant denied based on the objective schedule may request individualized assessment via appeal, which must be submitted within 15 days from notice of disqualification.
Residential history: Previous residency must be verifiable. Applicants are required to have excellent payment history and fulfilled all terms of any applicable lease agreement.
Employment: Employment must be verifiable. If no employment history exists, the applicant must show means of financial support for a period of one year. All employment and identification information must be submitted in PDF format for verification.
Pets: For properties in which animals are allowed, the following applies:
- Dog – Nonrefundable deposit $300.00 and monthly pet fee $35.00
- Cat – Nonrefundable deposit $300.00 and monthly pet fee $35.00
Occupancy: For reasons of public health, occupancy guidelines have been created. They are as follows:
- a maximum of two people in one bedroom/one bath
- a maximum of four people in a two-bedroom/one bath
- a maximum of five people in a three-bedroom/one bath
Safety: Lead Paint Brochure